Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chubby Hubby Cookies

OH MY GOSH!! UNREAL! That's the best way to describe these cookies. My Dad who is not a chocolate chip cookie fan likes these. It says that the yield is 12 cookies. I use a small ice cream scoop and I got 60 cookies out of the batter (only 2 Weight watchers points per cookie!). The one other change I would make is to add more pretzels. We love sweet and salty in our house so in the future I will add maybe a cup, cup and 1/2 more. TRY THEM!!
Ingredients:

1 1/2 stick margarine

1.2 Cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

2 large eggs

2 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon (I ran out of that so I used pumpkin pie spice)

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

1 1/2 salted pretzel twists broken into pieces (if you like more salt add more... in the future I will add 2 or 2 1/2 cups)



Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream the sugars (brown and white) with the margarine in the mixer. Add the peanut butter and mix till its all combined and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla.

Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and pretzels and mix till just combined. put the mixer on slow when adding the pretzels so they don't turn into crumbs. You can always add the chocolate chips in the mixer and fold in by hand the pretzels.

Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, and with a small scoop, place cookies on sheet. It says to refrigerate the cookies for 15 minutes before baking. I didn't do this. I honestly just saw this direction now. Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes or till they look like golden and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment