Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dijon-Baked Chicken with Rice and Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas


All I can say about this dinner is YUUUUUUUUMM!! I am not a fan of chicken breast but this was soooo good! Like always I tweaked it a bit. I love curry and I got really excited when I found it in the grocery. MAKE THIS!! You will not be disappointed!!

Ingredients

  • Boneless skinless chicken breast (thighs are good too, just has to be cooked longer)
  • 1 tablespoon mild or regular curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Chili sauce ( can use Asian chili sauce too)
  • 1 1/2 cups basmati or any rice
  • 3 cups water

Directions

For the sugar snap peas sautee onion and garlic till they are soft. Add the sugar peas with some salt and pepper to taste. It takes about 3-5 minutes for them to be finished, it all depends on how crunchy or soft you like your sugar peas.
Make the rice as per the instructions. The flavors I add are just garlic salt to taste

The night before... I know I know so annoying but worth it! You don't have to marinate it over night. Combine the following in a small mixing bowl in this order: spices, honey, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and chili sauce. Stir. Pour evenly over chicken. Flip the chicken around with a fork until each piece is well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

The next day: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Turn chicken over with a fork. Place in preheated oven. Cook the chicken for about 30 minutes, could be less depending on the size of your chicken. About halfway through the cooking time for chicken, I like to flip the chicken over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment