Friday, July 30, 2010

Chocolate- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars


I cant really say anything about these other then that they look and taste REALLY great!! If your a fan of chocolate and peanut butter then these are perfect. My mom pulled this out or a magazine some time ago and I finally got around to making them. They are a HUUUGE hit in my house.
They are really easy to make. I don't normally make desserts by using mixes, I like to bake from scratch, but I will definitely make these again.
Shayna

Ingredients
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter/margarine melted
6 squares semi-sweet chocolate, chopped and divided. I just used mini chocolate chips. Much easier!
1 cup dry roasted peanuts, divided
1 cup creamy peanut butter, this I didn't measure I just added enough to cover the middle layer

Directions
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13x9-inch pan.
Mix the first 4 ingredients together until they are all blended together. The mixture is going to be really thick.
Take half of the chocolate mixture and press it down onto the bottom of the pan. Bake it for about 10 minutes. Some of my moms best baking advice its to under bake whenever making brownie type dessert.
After you take the baked half out of the oven spread the peanut butter over the layer. The peanut butter should be at room temp. Be very careful not to break the bottom of the chocolate mixture by spreading it too hard. The heat from the mixture will make it a lot easier to spread the peanut butter. Once the peanut butter is all spread sprinkle, liberally, the chocolate chips and nuts. You want to have nuts and chocolate chips in every bit you take.
Once the nuts and chocolate are on you want to add the rest of the chocolate mixture. We found that if you mold the chocolate flat with your hands you can piece it all together like a puzzle to form the top layer.
Once the top layer is on bake it for about 15 minutes. I left mine it for about 12 minutes.
When it is ready to come out let it cool on the counter for about an hour then cover it and put it in the fridge for about 4 hours before cutting it into squares. Trust me let them sit for 4 hours. If you cut into them before it will get all messy and not cut correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment